Clouds and Convection, aerosol indirect effect, land-atmosphere interaction.
- Zhang, Yunyan, Bjorn Stevens, Brian Medeiros, and Michael Ghil, 2008: Low-cloud fraction, lower-tropospheric stability and large-scale divergence. Journal of Climate. In review.
- Zhang, Yunyan, Stephen A. Klein, Chuntao Liu, Baijun Tian, Roger Marchand, John Haynes, Renata McCoy, Yuying Zhang, and Thomas P. Ackerman, 2008: On the diurnal cycle of deep convection, high clouds and the upper troposphere water vapor in the Multi-scale Modeling Framework. Journal of Geophysical Research, Atmospheres. VOL. 113, D16105, doi:10.1029/2008JD009905.
- Stevens, Bjorn, et al and Yunyan Zhang, 2007: On the structure of the lower troposphere in the summertime stratocumulus regime of the northeast Pacific, Monthly Weather Review, Vol. 135, 985-1005.
- Zhang, Yunyan, Bjorn Stevens, and Michael Ghil, 2005: On the Diurnal Cycle and Susceptibility to Aerosol Concentration in a Stratocumulus-Topped Mixed Layer. Quarterly Journal of Royal Meteorological Society, Vol. 131, 1567-1584.
- Liu, Shuhua, Pinghui Wen, Yunyan Zhang, Zhongxiang Hong, Fei Hu, and Huizhi Liu 2002: Sensitivity tests of interaction between land surface physical process and atmospheric boundary layer. Acta Meteorologica Sinica, CSCD, 16(4), 451-469