The Physical and Life Science Directorate (PLS) typically awards postdoctoral assignments for 2 to 3 years. Approximately 50% of our postdoctoral appointees convert to a staff scientist position at the end of their postdoc tenure.
We are continually looking for qualified applicants in the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Computational and Theoretical Chemistry
- Materials Science
- Nuclear and Radio Chemistry
- Polymer and Material Science
- Physical and Analytical Chemistry
- Synthetic Chemistry
- Isotope Geochemistry
How to Apply
When submitting your resume for a postdoctoral staff position, please apply for only one of the following job postings from the LLNL Jobs website:
- Chemistry and Nuclear Science
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Materials Science and Technology
- Atmospheric, Earth, and Energy
LLNL offers a challenging environment and competitive salary/benefits package. LLNL is operated by Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC for the Department of Energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to workforce diversity.
For more information, please contact Nancy Hutcheon.